Monday, February 13, 2006

Duh! Prospecting in Gold Mines; Not Haystacks

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...the best source of new customers is leveraging your existing ones...You can cut your advertising budget in half, direct that money to customer service and relationship managers, and if you don't seen a noticeable (more likely quantum) leap in new sales over the next year, I'll eat my hat, turn in my passport and move to Mars.

Here's the excerpt from Forrester's latest poll...."That’s why “recommendation by relative/friend” comes out on top in just about every survey of purchasing influences. ....more than 90% of consumers trust “recommendations from consumers,” while trust in various types of ads runs from about 40% to less than 10%." Click on the link to read the article

No comments: