Monday, August 02, 2010

Social Media and CEO's Love Hate Relationship:

Its funny to think that, back before my sideburns turned gray, I was the outspoken urchin that annoyed my contemporaries and bombarded them with features/benefits of business technology that dis-intermediated, or communicated more efficiently and more effectively.

Whether email marketing (yes, I'm just north of 50, so communicating via email only became ubiquitous years after I had built and sold two different enterprises), or thereafter, Instant Messaging, which became the common inter-office or B2B communicator (I actually had a hand in building two different proprietary IM systems for the financial industry), and then the various 'social media' applications; first it was blogging, then vlogging and now of course, tweeting. 

All along, those that I reported to or were engaged by, pressed me to articulate the ROI for embracing the latest technology or media app; how would it help them save money, and/or how would it help them make money??
 
As far as corporate tweeting is concerned, I'll admit that I've been scratching my head and waiting to see or hear about corporate marketing success stories in which tweets turned into measurable upticks in sales (as opposed to being nothing more than expense item within the staffing budget).

DemingHill, a boutique firm that positions itself as experts on the topic of social media, has just published a compelling piece on the topic...It will take more than two minutes to read and digest the piece, but demystifying  a topic that's a head scratcher for more than a few cubicle corner owners, isn't one that can be [easily] summarized  in Twitter-speak, i.e. under 140 characters.   Click on the title link to the blog posting to see the article..

No comments: