Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't be a Twit..Tumble Instead

Well, I hate 'blogging more than a few times a week, no less twice in one day, but it was a slow day today, and this comment deserved its 15 seconds of fame while its still fresh:


Some of my peeps from the ‘old days’ remember me saying “if you don’t have a website, you don’t have a business!”….gee..did I put my age on my sleeve?

Then, a few years ago (think 2006 time period)…before it was popular with some of my popular ‘business world’ friends..I ranted “you need to have a blog!!”

And, in early ’08..when it was already popular with the masses, I gave in, and suggested to my wingtip pals that they should Tweet…(most called me a twit..simply because there’s no real ROI..)
Btw…I grudgingly have a Facebook account..but rarely update it…some things even I won’t do!

Ok..whatever…but according to this story from the NY Timesthe Tweeters with wingtips (including former US Secretary of Labor Robert Reich) are now dropping out of twitter, and blasting their gas from Tumblr.com… 

Why?...among other reasons: it supports rich media applications (think "video" and audio clips!)..and video clips is an app that's been killer since...well, since the time Television was introduced...duh..

No comments: