Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NY Times /CBS News Poll: McCain Negative Advertising Backfires

For those that noticed this past Sunday's posting at this very blog(immediately below), it would seem that my middle-aged, middle of the road opining is shared by more than a few..(I was not polled by NY Times/CBS News prior to today's release of their findings..)

"..The poll found that more voters see Mr. McCain as waging a negative campaign than Mr. Obama. Six in 10 voters surveyed said that Mr. McCain had spent more time attacking Mr. Obama than explaining what he would do as president; by about the same number, voters said Mr. Obama was spending more of his time explaining than attacking...The top reasons cited by those who said they thought less of Mr. McCain were his recent attacks"

Duh... And for those that want to put blame on the advertising/marketing geniuses that craft McCain's strategies..keep in mind, they all come with the statement "I'm John McCain, and I approved this message.." Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The candidates have a major difference in their leadership styles, i've noticed: McCain tends to say, "Follow me because the other guy can't get it done" while Obama says, "Follow me because I can get it done." ... of the two of them Obama demonstrates a better leadership mentality